This is the first recipe post in this blog. Since my WordPress blog for recipes is not in action for a while now, I thought I would rather start doing it here.
For those who don’t know me, I am a foodie and I love cooking as much as I love eating. I love to experiment with ingredients while cooking and create my own recipes. And of course, I follow other’s recipes as well.
Today I’ll be sharing the recipe for Stir-fried Chickpeas with Rosemary and Cherry Tomatoes. I made this for the afternoon snack and it was great.
[Pin it ↓ for later]
Here are the ingredients and instructions for Stir-fried Chickpeas with Rosemary and Cherry Tomatoes:
- 2 cups Chickpeas (soaked overnight and boiled)
- 1½ tbsp. Sunflower Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (diced)
- 5-6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic (diced)
- 1 tsp. Curry Powder
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Place the sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil when the pan’s heated.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté.
- When the garlic and onion are golden brown, add the boiled chickpeas and stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add salt, pepper, curry powder and chili powder.
- Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary leaves from the stem and throw them into the pan with the cherry tomatoes (whole).
- Stir for a minute and turn the heat off.
- Garnish with parsley/cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy.
This is a quick and healthy snack for lazy afternoons.
Try this yourself and let me know how it turns out to be.